COMMUNITY RELATIONS POLICY
Garth Short Mining Pty Ltd (GSM) believes the building of relationships with local communities based on trust and mutual advantage is essential to business success and sustainability. We have a policy of employing locally and training people in various skills required to become an integral member of the mine workforce.
GSM is committed to:
- Identify opportunities for maximum community involvement.
- Being honest and building trust and respect.
- Listening to the community and ensuring there are avenues for their feedback.
- Acting in a responsible manner at all times.
- Understanding and respecting the needs and aspirations of local people.
- Identifying commercial opportunities for local businesses.
- Complying with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements as a minimum standard.
- Consideration given to cultural and social issues.
- Set measurable targets and seek to continually improve our standards of community relations involvement.
- Periodically review and revise our Community Relations Policy and procedures to maintain their relevance.
Through the implementation of this policy we aim to make a meaningful contribution to the communities in which we operate.